- You must be 4 years or older to use the Virtual Halo app, website or services; individuals under the age of 18 must have the permission of their parents or guardians.
- You are responsible for any activity associated with your phone number and account credentials.
- You are responsible for keeping your password, PIN and other security codes secure.
- You recognize that Virtual Halo is not liable for your safety. You are solely responsible for taking appropriate safety precautions.
- You recognize that Virtual Halo is not a security system or security company as recognized by legal authorities.
- Data, texting, and other communications charges may be billed by your respective device, telephone and/or internet carrier and you are responsible for all charges associated with using such services. Your contacts are responsible for any data, texting or other communications charges associated with receiving notifications from the Virtual Halo service. In no way is Virtual Halo responsible for carrier charges.
USE OF VIRTUAL HALO SERVICES
- You may not use Virtual Halo for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, and may not in the use of Virtual Halo, violate any laws in your jurisdiction.
- You may not use Virtual Halo software, hardware and/or services in any manner which could potentially damage, disable, overburden, or impair Virtual Halo software, hardware and/or services or interfere with any other party’s use of Virtual Halo's services.
- You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Virtual Halo app, website, hardware or services.
- You may not modify, adapt or hack Virtual Halo or modify another app or website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with Virtual Halo.
- You may not claim a telephone number and or email address for use in your Virtual Halo account which does not belong to you. Spamming will not be tolerated.
- You may not use Virtual Halo services for any purpose other than personal safety. Virtual Halo services or related software, hardware and/or materials may not be sold, rented or otherwise commercialized with third parties.
Violation of any of these conditions may result in suspended access or termination of your Virtual Halo account. Virtual Halo reserves the right to investigate and prosecute violations of any of the above to the fullest extent of the law. Virtual Halo reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. We reserve the right to modify or terminate Virtual Halo for any reason, without notice at any time.
Virtual Halo may send text, email, or other electronic forms of communications to active, existing, or previous users of the Virtual Halo service and/or their contacts. Opt-in notifications may be sent requesting the contact to opt-in prior to engagement of being a user's emergency contact. Virtual Halo reserves the right to market products and services to users and their contacts at the discretion of management. Within any outbound communication, Virtual Halo reserves the right to disclose the name of the user that has chosen the recipient as an emergency contact.
SAFETY & LIABILITY
Virtual Halo is an emergency notifications service, but does not accept any responsibility or liability for your safety, including but not limited to: negligence or failure to act in a safe manner or follow emergency advice or protocol, personal injury, death or other consequences suffered by you or any third parties. Virtual Halo services is provided on an “as is” basis and is not liable for any loss, damage, errors or omissions in connection with your use of Virtual Halo hardware and/or services. Virtual Halo takes no responsibility of action or lack thereof on the part of emergency contacts, nor foreseen or unforeseen consequences resulting from initiated trips. Virtual Halo takes no responsibility for the proper functioning of any Virtual Halo produced hardware or its wireless connectivity to a mobile device. Virtual Halo takes no responsibility for the proper functioning of any networks or servers, or any communications that occur over such networks and servers. You agree that Virtual Halo shall have no liability to you or to any third party arising as a result of any networks or servers failing to perform in the manner intended, failure of Virtual Halo services to properly operate with your network or servers or from any errors occurring on your networks or servers as a result of your use of Virtual Halo. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Virtual Halo and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and all third party claims (and any and all resulting losses, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses) alleging that your use of Virtual Halo violates, infringes or misappropriates the rights of any third party or violates applicable law.
July 25, 2016